1. Report shows that heavy metal will often prevail during economic contractions. Just check out the sales of Death Magnetic and AC/DC concert tickets if you need proof [timesonline.co.uk].
2. James Hetfield tells Rolling Stone that former bassist Jason Newstead should be on stage at Metallica’s likely Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, but Dave Mustaine is not welcome [blabbermouth.net].
3. The Hard Rock amusement park may be looking for a buyer, but that won’t stop the company from fighting hunger [marketwatch.com].
4. Question: “In 25 words or less, explain the aesthetic difference between thrash metal, death metal and speed metal.” Answer: “There is no difference” [theage.com.au].
5. Obama’s MTV special airs tonight to discuss his views on gay marriage. Is this really more important than a rerun of Paris Hilton’s My New BFF? [blogs.abcnews.com]