Motörhead is a legendary heavy metal band from England that has been active since the mid-1970s. Whether you consider them to be speed metal, punk, or thrash, one thing is for sure about this power trio: Lemmy Kilmister and company is as metal as metal can get. Here is my top 10 rundown of iconic Motörhead songs.
1. “Overkill” Overkill (1979): The double bass madness never ends; it goes on and on and on, and it is absolutely glorious. Hell, the thrash giants Overkill even took their band name from this tune.
2. “Ace of Spades” Ace of Spades (1980): This is one of the most recognized and influential riffs in all of metal history. Not a day goes by where I don’t hear or think about this track in some capacity.
3. “Iron Fist” Iron Fist (1982): This one contains such a great chorus and an assaulting verse riff.
4. “Damage Case” Overkill (1979): It’s the blues and heavy metal as one; this is why the whole system works.
5. Motorhead Motorhead (1977): The song that defines it all.
6. “Killed By Death” No Remorse (1984): The title says it all. Word.
7. “(We Are) The Road Crew” Ace of Spades (1980): Somebody has to give the crew and band the props they deserve. This is a great track between sets at any rock show.
8. “Hellraiser” March or Die (1992): I believe this is the catchiest track in the catalog. The chorus is on constant repeat in my head all of the time.
9. “Born to Lose” The World is Yours (2011): Fast, heavy, and sounds like it was written 30 years ago…nope it came out last year. Great tune.
10. “Born to Raise Hell” Bastards (1993): This one’s played over the credits of the greatest movie of 1994. Can you name it?
If you are a beginner, this list is a great place to start your Motorhead journey. If you are a diehard veteran, then your list may look a little different. What is your favorite tune?