Sammy Hagar announced on his official site that he is interested in putting together a tour next year that could include the original members of Montrose featuring guitarist Joe Satriani (Chickenfoot) in place of the late Ronnie Montrose. Hagar is performing with Satriani, drummer Denny Carmassi (Montrose), and bassist Bill Church (Montrose) at Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey’s in Stateline, Nevada on September 1, 2012. “This is a prototype to the type of thing I want to take on the road next year so I promise it to be the party of a lifetime!” said Hagar. See the full details below:
SAMMY HAGAR AND THE WABOS W/ THE MUSIC OF MONTROSE (DENNY CARMASSI, BILL CHURCH, SAMMY W/ JOE SATRIANI), APE.
BACKSTAGE PASS GIVEAWAY WINNER: Will be selected 5 days before show date.
Use this link for presale tickets. Presale password is REDROCKER
Sammy’s throwing the greatest party ever – Four Decades of Rock and It’s all rolled up into one big ball.
From Montrose to the Beach Bar Rum Bash … that’s a looooot of party!
- The show will open with Ape, Sammy’s new favorite psychedelic surf band wth live tiki carving.
- Sammy & The Wabos will then play a set
- Then Michael Anthony will join in for The Other Half Van Hagar set
- [Short intermission]
- Denny Carmassi, Bill Church and Sammy for a Montrose tribute featuring Joe Satriani
- If we get an encore, Michael Anthony will join Sammy, Joe Satriani and Denny Carmassi for a little Chickenfoot.
- The party will continue with an aftershow party at the Cabo Wabo where Ape will do a live show and finish the tiki carving with some special guests.
Sammy says: This is a prototype to the type of thing I want to take on the road next year so I promise it to be the party of a lifetime!