The Avengers superhero movie opened up in North American theaters yesterday (May 4) and is expecting to break all sorts of box office records this weekend ($80 million on Friday alone). I just saw the flick tonight and I can say that it is hands down the best of the Marvel movies yet. No question.
But what does this flick have to do with hard rock and heavy metal? Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) wears a killer Black Sabbath “Never Say Die” tour t-shirt from 1978 for most of the movie. He’s pretty much sporting the killer tee when he isn’t rocking the Iron Man suit.
If you want to track down this band t-shirt to buy, your best shot is eBay. This one seller is asking $350.00 (?!?WTF!?!) for the vintage 1978 tour shirt and offers free shipping (you better for that much). I am assuming for $350, it is an authentic vintage shirt, however it is not the same color tone as the one featured in the movie.
If you want a cheap replica with the same yellow and black color tone as Stark’s shirt, then this seller seems to be your best shot. This seller is asking $16.99 for the shirt and $5.50 for shipping, which is far more affordable.
Please, let me know if you find this cool tour t-shirt anywhere else.
The Avengers movie also featured music from AC/DC and the new Soundgarden song “Live To Rise.”
- Metal News: Tony Iommi writes two new Black Sabbath songs despite early cancer
- Scott Weiland “Breathe” Streaming – “Avengers Assemble”
- Black Sabbath US Tour Date in August, Says Sharon Osbourne
- Eddie Trunk Posts About Black Sabbath Situation, Ozzy and Friends…eh
- Breaking Metal News: Black Sabbath Original Lineup Reunion with Rick Rubin in 2012